Friday, March 7, 2014

My First Water Park

The water was roaring past me as I made my way down through the pitch black tunnel.  I got to the bottom and saw kids staring at me with sad faces.  That day I realized that some kids don’t have the privileges that I have.


For five months I waited to go to Roaring Springs in Boise, ID.  The ride to Boise sucked. I was so anxious to get there and play!  But after what seemed like 8,000 years, we got there.  It took forever to get into the water park, but we did.  “Wow” is all I could really say about all the rides.  Gosh, there were so many.  The toilet bowl, the wave pool, the lazy river, all of that was right in front of my face.  The toilet bowl was the first ride.  It was SUPER fun!  It went really fast and I went backwards, forwards, around and around. It was super duper fun!!


My Best friend, Lexi, kept telling me to go on the pitch black slide, so I did.  The horror was the worst part of it.  I couldn't see anything!(I guess that's why they call it the pitch black slide) Anyways, I screamed and yelled and tried to jump out of the tube, but I told myself, “Hey, Audrianna. It’s fine! You're not going to die.” That's were I started having some fun.  We went on it three or more times, but the last time I went on it, the water roared.  When I got out of the tube, I saw sad faces staring at me.  They were faces of kids too.


It was about 8:30 or 9:00pm when my mom said we had to leave.  I didn't want to though.  I turned around and threw a big old fit!  My mom told me that we would go to the Cheesecake Factory afterwards.  Then it hit me.  The wind started to blow powerfully so I ran into the girls bathroom and rushed to get dressed. We ate at the Cheesecake Factory and then we left.  I was prepared to go home and see my dad.  I was also very exhausted and fell asleep.


When I got home I thought to myself, “I will ever ever forget the day I went on a terrorizing, fun ride.”  I also thought of what I had learned.  Not every kid will be able to do what I got to do.  I should be giddy and proud with who I am and what I have!



2 comments:

  1. Audrianna, your writing is exciting to read with great descriptions. I felt like I was swirling in the Toilet Bowl with you. My one question...why did the kids have sad faces? Was it because they were to frightened to try some of these rides...or were they not part of the water park? Of course, you may not know...it just made me curious. I liked your ending...and just reread it. I think the kids were just not as brave as you. It is a good thing that you thought about what you learned when you got home...and I loved your words...'giddy and proud'. What a fun post to read and welcome to the Slice of Life. I hope to read more of your posts. Jackie http://familytrove.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the Slice of Life Challenge, Audrianna! I'm curious about the sad faces, too - because you mentioned them twice. The way you described the rides made me feel as though I was right beside you - well done.

    ReplyDelete